Draw Every Day Draw Every Way

Monday, September 19, 2016


Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

I'm really excited to share today's post because I am going to be talking about Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book Draw Every Day Draw Every Way. If you aren't familiar with her already, she is an artist who is known for her philosophy of spending 30 minutes to create one painting a day. You can find her as augustwren on social media.

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

When I first saw this book, I knew I had to have it and pre-ordered it right away! I just thought it was so unique and now that I have it, it definitely did not disappoint. The precedent of the book is to create every single day, while experimenting with different mediums and materials. In order to make creating everyday easier, she recommends setting a timer for 30 minutes and just creating, regardless of whether you end up liking or hating the end result. 

I will make an admission here: I kind of disregarded her main rules of creating every day and keeping the creations under 30 minutes! I definitely don't work in this book daily, and I like to spend a bit of time on it (depending on the prompt and what I decided to create of course). However, I do tend to create every day for the most part anyways, just on other things, so I'll give myself a pass :) Obviously, you can approach the book however you'd like though, whether working on it daily, weekly, or anywhere in between.

Anyways, you can see more of the book and its contents below.

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

If you take the jacket off of the book, the cover is this pretty watercolor image with a little area to put your name on it. I forgot to photograph the spine, but it's bound so that you can see all of the different  types of papers used throughout the book. 

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

When you open the book (plus, at the very back of the book), the cover pages are actually like a coloring book, with her artwork in black outlines! I thought that this was unexpected and added an extra fun little touch to the book. Plus, these pages are quite thick, so you could probably use any medium you'd like to color them in. Nice!

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

The way that this book is set up is basically a section for each month, with a different theme of prompts and a different medium. As you can see above, the first month is a month of nature, using only markers and a black pen. I love that it allows me to experiment with different mediums and also draw subject matter that I might not normally try because of the different prompts.   

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

At the beginning of each section, she also provides some inspiration and step by step instructions on how you might try to approach that month's theme. In the picture above, you can see an example of one of the different papers used. The book has thick paper for watercolor and gouache, grid paper, Kraft paper, black paper, normal paper, etc.

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

Another bonus is her artwork spread periodically through the book! I think almost every section shows off one of her creations for that particular theme.

Overall, I think that this book is so unique, beautiful, and fun. You can tell that she really put thought into every aspect of the book because of all the little unexpected details, from the coloring book pages, her artwork, the spine - everything! I absolutely love it :)

Do you struggle with being creative everyday? Or do you not know what to draw? Jennifer Orkin Lewis' new book "Draw Every Day Draw Every Way" may be the answer to your creative block. This sketchbook full of art prompts will surely help you practice being creative everyday!

I pre-ordered mine from Book Depository and they sent me these free coloring bookmarks with my order, so that was a fun little surprise! If you would like to purchase the book, you can find a list of all the sellers here on her site. Unfortunately, a lot of the sellers have already sold out since the official release, but as I write this there are a couple sites that still have it.

I hope you guys liked this, and if you'd like to keep up with all of my posts, be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Have a great day!

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow