How to Draw a Christmas Tree in 3 Easy Steps

Monday, December 05, 2016

My simple, three-step method to drawing Christmas trees

Happy December! With Christmas coming up, I had promised to create some holiday themed printables/downloads (Which I will have up soon!). While I was sketching out some ideas, I made some pink Christmas trees (the best kind of tree, in my opinion), but the way I was drawing them was kind of time consuming. Naturally, I tried to figure out the best and quickest method, and so I thought I would share a quick little how to tutorial on my new method. It's super simple - pretty much a three-step process!

First, I created a little frame of the tree, to be filled in after. Basically, you draw an arrow pointing up and keep adding branches on both sides, getting longer the farther down you go. I also recommend you draw the branches relatively close together, otherwise you'll have large gaps in between the branches.

Next, you add the needles to each branch. I just did a bit of a zig-zag pattern to make the process quicker.

When you finish that, you might find a couple gaps down the center of the tree. Just add the zig-zag pattern down the middle to fill those gaps. And if you want the tree fuller in certain areas, you can add and extra branch where needed. When it looks good, add the tree trunk and you're done!

Hope you found this quick tutorial on how to draw a Christmas tree helpful! And keep an eye out for those printables that are coming soon, or just follow this blog on Bloglovin' so you don't miss any of my posts! :)

Follow

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Graphics for this one are so cute! Love the whole layout & that you have chosen pink color for the tree. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :) There's nothing better than a pink Christmas tree if you ask me!

      Delete

Follow