How to Draw Lavender in 6 Easy Steps

Wednesday, March 08, 2017



This is a very easy tutorial on how to draw lavender flowers. In six steps you will be able to create beautiful drawings of lavender that you can add to your different designs

So I've mentioned this on Instagram many times, but for whatever reason, I just love drawing lavender. It's probably one of my favorite flowers to draw, despite the fact that I don't like the actual flower! I don't like lavender scents, nor do I like that the flowers attract (a lot of) bees. I know, it's just plain weird, but I guess that's irony for ya! Anyway, I thought I would share a quick little tutorial on how to draw (or paint) lavender since it was on my mind recently.


This is a very easy tutorial on how to draw lavender flowers. In six steps you will be able to create beautiful drawings of lavender that you can add to your different designs


How to Draw Lavender

  1. For each petal, draw little oval or even teardrop shapes grouped together in the center. Try to point them in different directions, but do keep them pointing slightly upwards, and make sure they are all starting from the center point. Think of an invisible vertical line (or you can actually draw the line for practice) and build your petals off of that line.
  2. As you continue to add petals, don't be afraid to overlap each other. I think it actually makes it look better that way. Any areas that look empty, just add a petal pointing in a new direction. 
  3. When you decide that the lavender is at your desired length, Add the bottom petals pointing downward.
  4. Next, add the stem. 
  5. After you draw the stem, add a couple more petal buds in small groupings, making sure to keep spaces in between them. Alternate between one bud to groupings of two or three. 
  6. Lastly, you can add leaves if you'd like. For the leaves, alternate between longer and shorter lengths and work in groupings here as well. Don't forget to leave space in between groupings!

Hopefully I was able to explain that well enough! If you end up trying this tutorial, please share your designs and the finished result with me on Instagram - I'd love to see! My username is "theillustrai" :)

Follow

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I found your blog on Pinterest, so I came to give it a look. I’m enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will be share this to my Friends! Wonderful blog and amazing design and style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is so nice of you! Thanks so much - that means a lot :)

      Delete

Follow